Passed Stage One –after a lot of wine, sweat and tears!
Stage one of the program is now complete. I wish I had blogged the experience of the first year to keep track of all of the tastings, seminars, studying and amazing wine people I met so far. Suffice to say it was a lot of work, but definitely worth it!
Some of the Stage One highlights were:
1) Getting accepted about a month after having my baby and trying to come up with a study plan around my new mommy life
2) Buying every wine book I could get my hands on- and later finding out from various MWs that there's really no point; you only need about 2 or 3 (more on that later)
3) Attending the course days in London and learning to put my hand up to answer
4) Realising that identifying the wine correctly in a blind tasting is only half the battle, you need to know how to explain how you know (which takes a lot of theory knowledge)
5) The residential seminar in Rust, Austria (this is where the tears mostly took place)
6) The Bordeaux MW Student Trip and closing dinner at Chateau Margaux
7) Joining an amazing study group (which is my life line for stage two)